◊ 907-bed facility
◊ 112,000-visit ED census (2009)
◊ Level-1 trauma center
◊ One of the 25 busiest ED’s in the U.S. in 2001
After adopting an advanced RTLS system, Christiana Hospital managers have watched revenue and patient-satisfaction numbers rise while wait times and LWOT rates plummet. U.S. News and World Report recently ranked Christiana one of America’s Best Hospitals.
- “Recaptured” patients worth more than $400,000 in ED and admitted-patient revenue on an annualized basis.
- Data has enabled ED redesign, accounting for reductions in LWOT from 8 percent to 3.4 percent.
- Improved patient satisfaction levels among low-acuity patients from the 73rd percentile to the 99th percentile, based on the Press Ganey scale.
- Decreased wait times by 46 percent.
- Reduced admitted patient length-of-stay by 36 minutes, while census rose 7 percent.
- Reduced average treated-and-released patient length-of-stay by 45 minutes.
- Reduced length-of-stay for low-acuity patients by more than one hour.
- Reduced patient walkouts by 24 percent.
- Decreased left-without-treatment (LWOT) rate for low-acuity patients from 4.5 percent to 2.5 percent.
- Reduced rate of “left without being seen” by 46 percent.
- Increased staff safety with automatic log of all patient interactions.