◊ 481-bed not-for-profit, acute-care tertiary facility
◊ 48,192 ED visits, 22,223 surgeries
◊ Named one of the most wired U.S. hospitals, 2004-2008
◊ Managing 2,370 pieces of moveable medical equipment (MME)
Several years ago, VIZZIA installed a low-cost passive RFID system to track and manage Piedmont’s moveable medical equipment. VIZZIA also provides Piedmont with advanced analytics and process-management consulting. Piedmont has been so satisfied with VIZZIA’s services that they recently upgraded to an advanced RTLS system.
Passive RFID results…
- Changed from disparate, department-owned process to centrally managed equipment cleaning and distribution system
- Improved equipment utilization by more than 20 percent.
- Eliminated two years of capital purchases worth $400,000.
- Reduced fleet through attrition by 21 percent
- Lost/stolen pumps dropped from 5.2 percent to 0 percent
- Reduced rentals — saving $97,000 annually
- Redeployed equipment distribution staff, saving 21 percent
- Recently upgraded to VIZZIA RTLS system