HCAI: A Global Concern
◊ In 2002, 1.7 million patients in the United States were treated for healthcare-acquired infections, or HCAI.
◊ Of those, 99,000 died as a result of their infection.
◊ Each year, healthcare organizations in the U.S. alone spend approximately $6.5 billion caring for these patients because HCAI-related treatment is not reimbursable.
Every day, HCAI threatens patients, caregivers and the financial stability of our nation’s healthcare industry. Experts have identified compliant hand hygiene as the most effective means of reducing HCAI. But tracking hand-hygiene compliance among staff members has proven nearly impossible. Until now.
VIZZIA’s hand-hygiene compliance solution not only tracks compliant and non-compliant events but also proactively alerts caregivers if they have failed to “wash in” or “wash out.” Here are some additional benefits of VIZZIA‘s RTLS-based hand-hygiene system:
- Dramatically reduce incidence of HCAI
- Create safer environment for patients and staffers alike
- Alert staffers to potential cross-contamination events
- Identify education opportunities for specific groups or individuals
- Empower caregivers to be compliant by sending a soft audible alert to staff tags when they forget to wash
- Easy-to-configure rules engine is highly customizable
- Software generates wide range of reports based on various criteria/filters
How Does It Work?
Optimize Your ROI
Beyond providing the hardware and software infrastructure through which a hospital’s hand-hygiene compliance system operates, VIZZIA also offers advanced analytics, consulting, deployments, change management and business process outsourcing. Why? Because at VIZZIA we know that technology alone can’t solve problems. It’s our goal to empower our customers with the tools they need to make the most out of their RTLS investment. Learn more about “The VIZZIA Difference” in the Consulting Services section.