How Does It Work?
VIZZIA offers a variety of technology options, each of which provides unique benefits for different facilities’ temperature-monitoring needs. Each system employs a different tracking mechanism, but all RTLS infrastructures function similarly. VIZZIA only recommends RTLS systems for temperature monitoring. Real-time visibility and constant communication are key.
- Network devices are installed on ceilings throughout the hospital. Each device is assigned a location code.
- Each refrigerator or freezer that requires monitoring is outfitted with a small tag that contains a unique identification code. Tags are outfitted with temperature readers and network communication abilities.
- (A) Network devices communicate with all tags in close proximity and report each tag’s unique identification code along with its current temperature reading.
- (B) Temperature information is transmitted over the network to a data server (C) and then over the Internet (D) to VIZZIA’s advanced mapping and analytics software, where lab technicians, managers, food-service employees and other relevant staffers can view the real-time temperature of each unit.
- Users can also search for specific units and run detailed location and event reports. VIZZIA software informs users when a unit’s temperature strays out of its desired range for a specific period of time.
- VIZZIA software automates compliance reporting as well.